Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

It's been very hot. That's it.

Well, I mean, I HAVE been doing various things (mostly university-related) but the big story this week really is that it's been 30 degrees for days and it's getting silly now. Luckily it's supposed to cool down starting today and become a little more autumnal! Don't get me wrong, it's been lovely having this extended summer, but it'll be nice to wear some of the cooler weather clothes I brought.

University's going ok - I have a similar workload to last year's Japanese classes, which is pretty nice, and the work itself isn't too hard, just enough to be challenging, which I prefer.

This weekend's been fun, anyway - I'd been planning to have a Friday night in but a friend passed by at 9 and told me she was off with a few people to karaoke, and I tagged along. I'm really glad I did, we sang until 1am and had a pretty great time ~ The only downside was getting up at 7.30 the next day to cycle to my ceramics class (it's all the way across the city and takes an hour). I'm certainly going to be much fitter by the end of this course!

The second ceramics class was worth the cycle - we were making the bases of the tea cup and bowl that we started last week, and putting the finishing touches on them before they're fired. This is my tea bowl, I'm really pleased with it - I can't wait to drink tea from it at the end of the course!

 
Next Saturday I'm going on a trip to Enryakuji on Mt Heiei: you get there by cable car! I'll try to take lots of pictures, it should be a really fun trip ~


No comments:

Post a Comment