Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

Jidai Matsuri

Sooo I know I'm a little late with this post, I'm sorry! Well, I never SAID I would post every week, but it was becoming a sort of a thing and... anyway, I've been pretty busy, but here are a few pictures at least, of the Jidai Matsuri last week (the festival to celebrate Kyoto, with a parade costumes from present day to very early Japan), and a couple from my trip to Gion with a friend.






The friend who took me to Gion also gave me this lovely bento! We had a picnic by the river ~

On the way back to the shopping district we stopped by a cafe. It was very busy out on the street, being a Sunday and the middle of the tourist district, but once you stepped inside the cafe it was very quiet except for gentle music box music from hidden speakers, and there was a little garden with a bamboo-type fence. Also, the tea was gorgeous.

Speaking of tea, I found a great little bakery called Pin de Bleu near my dorm, so I bought some buns to have with my morning tea last week.

They were as good as they look ~ If you find yourself in Kyoto, there are a couple of these bakeries around, here's the website: http://www.pin-de-bleu.jp/

I'll be posting again at the weekend, I'm going on a trip to Kobe! It will be my first time venturing out of Kyoto (well, I went to Osaka for that British fair, but the department store was in the station so I didn't actually SEE Osaka...). Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment